No repeats. Fingers crossed.
We're nearing the end.
A week ago, I had what may possibly be the last lecture I will ever have in my life. I didn't think much of it at the time, but it slowly dawned on me that from that Friday onwards, the real deal will begin, a practice run for the career that I've chosen for the rest of my life. You'd think I'd feel some sense of triumph or accomplishment, but no.
What. The. Hell. You mean, that's all? That's ALL they're going to teach me? Thousands of dollars and 4 freaking years of my precious young-ish life down the drain and THAT'S all I get? A mere handful of fucking lectures on the eye and three miserable lectures to solve any dental problem I will ever encounter? An entire freaking semester of bloody ethics (and for what, I ask you, since I still happily fork up my cage-laid eggs that accompany the pig that was no doubt inhumanely slaughtered by untrained child labor using rusty hacksaws) and being allowed to practice a mere handful of suture patterns, some not even on living tissue? They feel like they've done their duty by never letting me even sniff an IDEXX or set a bone or letting me figure out what 'normal' is? That's it? That's all they're giving me before they unleash me on the world?
I feel cheated.
Perhaps in protest, or perhaps simply because I'm tired, but usually for me, I feel completely unfazed that the exams start on Tuesday. Bitching about the paucity of knowledge I've been given to deal with the entire ouevre of Horrible Things That Can Go Wrong to at least 6 different species is one thing, but repeating this year is NOT an option. Yet somehow, I find myself making lists of the perfume decants I'm dying to get (Bvlgari's Black, Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille, Herme's Ambre Narguile and Givenchy's Organza Indecence - did I mention that my birthday's coming up?), fantasizing about food (fried chicken, mmmm) and sitting in a hammock, dreamily watching the parrots in the tree above me while LabradorBoy rocks me from the hammock next to mine.
Shake some sense into me, someone.
