Title, Sidebar and Description __________________________________
< Does Not Play Well With Others
Stalking and occasionally maiming life's sacred cows in the urban jungle

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Sun, surf, sea and stupid Banana Boat

Today, Slinky was a stupid kitty.

I met up with the Space Cadet for our traditional day on the beach, which happens whenever she's back in town. Normally, we sit at the beach the entire day while the Space Cadet tries to gain back the natural tan which has leached out of her skin due to the subzero European winters while I slather on sunscreen with an SPF of 130 to make sure that I don't have to change my damned makeup. I tan easily.

This time around the Space Cadet goes to buy suntan oil to facilitate the browning process.

"Which one should I get? Dark tanning oil with SPF4 or the protective tanning oil with SPF?"

Note: the terms 'protective' and 'SPF8' dont go together. The sun we get here spits on SPF8. It ebats it up and then ties it to a mophead and usesit to soak up spills on it's flaming kitchen floor. SPF8 is NOTHING. I know this. So I must ahve been temporarily insane to say what I said next.

"Well, you want to max out your tan, right? So go for the dark tanning oil with the lower SPF," I say. Oh, fateful last words. In my defence, the weather was cloudy and I thought that she should maximize whatever sun we could catch.

This is part one of the Stupidity of Slinky.

Part two unfolds like the Shakespeare pastoral comedies where you know the girl who’s dressed as a guy who's dressed as a girl will get the guy in the end after what was supposed to be some hilarious verses heavy on the forsooths.

We are sitting on the beach, togged out in our little string bikinis. Slinky is feeling very fine because she is terribly chuffed by the new white bikini edged with hot pink paired with the red string bikini bottom. That's it. It was the temporary insanity caused by the wholly unjustified belief that what you are wearing is the bomb which caused me to say what I did next.

"Hey, let me try that," I tell the Space Cadet.

If this were a movie the ominous screechy music indicating impending horror and fear would have started, and my finger would have filled the screen, uncurling in slow motion before the camera panned with dreadful, portentous slowness to the bottle of Banana Boat Dark Tanning Oil.

Right then, the sun came out behind the clouds it was lurking behind, where it had been waiting just for this precise moment.

Kiddies, ignore everything I have said about life being short and trying everything once. I am an idiot. Some things should just be left the hell alone, like sacrificing babies and drinking fermented yak's milk.

Seven hours, many many kinky FHM shots and two liberal applications of the evil tanning oil later, Slinky says to the Space Cadet, "Wow, I'm tanned!"

Oooohhhh the hubris.

It is perhaps the niggling idea that perhaps all was not well in the world of Slinky that when I get on the bus to go back I plonk myself right next to the FBF, whom I have not seen since the shit hi the fan. I actually looked right at him but completely failed to register, probably because my subconscious was yelling urgent messages about impending grevious pain. It wasn't until I sat less than an arms length away from him that it suddenly clicked that hey, that face was familiar....

Oh, and he was with someone who wasn't Pinky. And holding her hand.

But I'm sure it was entirely innocent. Really.

Three hours after my best performance as Oblivious-To-Your-Existence to date, I look in the mirror and realize that I know exactly where my bikini began and ended, right down to where the knots and ribbons on my halter top were. And that I am beginning to, in true festive spirit, resemble a drunken prawn. I frantically enlist the help of my sister to slather on aloe vera with lidocaine in vast quantities over my barbecued back. The fact that this is also made by Banana Boat is an irony that does not escape me.

"Oh my god, what did you do?" my sister asks.

I am too embarrassed to tell her about the desertion of my sanity.

Five hours after that I sit here in just a T-shirt, slathered from neck to hips in aloe vera and feeling my skin beginning ominously to crackle like parchment paper and radiating heat like a furnace stove. Voila. Slinky briquette.

OW.

This is my excuse for the fact that I drank one Bangkok Martini and one Snowball with the Former Male Model, who talked to me about life and has given me the best advice in the most concise form so far, and with whom I had the most disconcerting Moment.

I will miss this.

One week left.

2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous commented:

You See??? KARMA! Pinky just got Zapped. It is a sign. Of What? Forsooth... I have no fricking idea. I'm back at work.... it is a saturday morning..... I am thinking about sun. FORSOOTH! Banana Boat where art thou? How will I attract angmohs without you?FORSOOTH! Hot Boss Where art thou??

» February 04, 2006 11:38 AM 
Blogger Slinky commented:

Sadly, I was not being ironic when I said I believe that it was all innocent. I am still waiting for the unholy smiting that will doubtless rain on Pinky's pinhead like hail.

And you can have all my damn sun and banana boat. Even my ASS hurts.

owwwwww.

» February 04, 2006 12:32 PM 

Post a Comment

« Back to Main Page

Email me if you really insist


The Best of Slinky

On who Slinky is
On death
On letting go
On the Maldives
On how to pack for the Maldives
On fishing
On knowledge
On being happy
On love
On pain
On alternate worlds
On power
On not being a sheep
On the military
On Slinky's Top 10
On Slinky's band
On the Slinky Quiz
On baking
On drinking with Slinky
On Russian dining
On birthday presents

Who Links Here




Disclaimer

Read before fucking around with me


Slinkyworthy

The Best Movie Review Site Ever
SheHulk
The Hot Librarian
The Lawyer Writer
Canadian Thoughts in Texas
The Anonymous Lawyer
A Need for the Truth
Popagandhi
MercerMachine
Outrageous.Beautiful.Misfit
JaG
The Smitten
Big Daddy Jones
Absolutely April
The Snakehead
Tossed My Salad
Cour Marly
PostSecret
I Don't Eat Kittens For Lunch
Pink Is The New Blog
Mr. Wang Says So
But Enough About You
Confetti in the Wind
The Bitter Stickgirl
Kingsley Rules
So Does Bear
And Herbie


Kitten Heels

Go Fug Yourself
The Bunny Shop
The Manolo
Give Me Spirit Fingers, Damn It!
Hot Bisexual Model
Guise
Asian Leprechauns
Catwalk Queen
She Finds


The Scratching Post

Tech for Girl Geeks
SuicideGirls
deviantART
Digital Blasphemy
Dogster
German Shepherd Dog Club Singapore
United Schutzhund Club of America
VetInfo
KingSnake


Dog Hash