Fractured
There's this picture I've seen, an X-ray of a horse, similar to the one above. The cannon bone has basically exploded. A million pin implants try and hold the mess together. The X-ray is a scatter of bright metal and shattered bone. We are told that so long as one long strut of bone remains to bridge the gulf between one joint and the next, there is hope, albeit slim. But if there is nothing to bridge that gap, nothing to tack the shattered shards together, then the horse is as good as dead.
I know how that feels. It is like I've been fractured over the years into a dozen different places, the pieces holding together from sheer force of will. I have lost my faith. I no longer believe. This final time, the shear forces of the impact has caused me to shatter. Now, the only question is, can I be fixed? Or is it better to just shoot me?
1 Comments:
- commented:
I'm sure you can.
- » May 18, 2009 11:12 AM
