Diverting the madding crowd
Let's clear it up - the offer I spoke of earlier is not to do with me being Dr. Slinky Cat, although it certainly is related. It was an excellent opportunity to keep my hand in the business I love without sacrificing the work I must do in order to meet the demands of my (unfortunately) real life, and allows me simultaneously to make possibly valuable contacts which may or may not come in useful half a decade in the future. Oddly enough, it came about because of this . Unfortunately nothing is confirmed so there is nothing to say right now.
And I haven't answered any of your queries because I'm not ready to talk about anything yet. Also, there is nothing to talk about yet. That, and I've been working my sweet Slinky ass off these past few weeks.
But I will attempt to divert your curiosity with pretty photos from Bangkok. Coming up.
Update:
Okay, I put up photos. And I took them down again. I don't feel like putting up photos. I don't feel like doing the mountain of work I really should do right now to spare myself some future pain. I've run out of Djarum and I'm goddamn unhappy about that. And I kind of feel like standing on my window ledge and screaming "FUCK YOU!" to the world at large. Because fuck it, it's better than the alternative.
5 Comments:
- commented:
Huh? So the Honey Trappers are about to become reality?!? But I just gained 2 kilograms! I can't fit into my skanky dresses anymore! Angmoh men don't want me and I just lost my voice....
- » August 01, 2005 8:54 AM
- Slinky commented:
It's not about the Honey Trappers, I can't tell you've put on any weight at all, the angmoh men ALWAYS want you and they don't care whetehr you can talk or not.
- » August 01, 2005 10:27 PM
- Anthony commented:
Whatever it is,
Congrats. You sound a lot more spirited than a week before when I spoke to you.- » August 02, 2005 12:57 AM
- Slinky commented:
Anthony - If by 'spirited' you mean ''bloodyminded', then yes, I suppose you're right. Although I think it's the nicotine withdrawal speaking.
- » August 02, 2005 9:45 AM
- Slinky commented:
Oh, and good luck for your exams!!
- » August 02, 2005 9:47 AM

