I heart Batman, baby!
I watched "Batman Begins" last night.
I heart Liam Neeson.
He had this restrained sort of intellectual swagger, a paradox, but a truly arresting one. And when he walked about in that suit, with that cane, that air of total command.... oohhhh spank me daddy. I could purr, he was that sexy.
I couldn't find one of the suit. Damn.
Oh, and the movie was pretty good too.
And Cillian Murphy.
I heart Cillian Murphy. He played it perfectly. It wasn't the classic comic-book Scarecrow, but he was creepy as all hell anyway. I loved the subtle condescension which curled his girlish lips, I loved that wide-eyed androgyny he used to flawless perfection.
And of course, I heart Morgan Freeman.
And Michael Caine.
And of course, Gary Oldman.
And we can throw in Christian Bale as well, I guess, though there's a little less love for Mr. Bale because, as The Boy accurately pointed out, he does look a little like his face is made out of concrete.
Ol' Concrete Face
I definitely did not like Katie Holmes though.
What were they thinking? Little Pacey from Dawson's Creek is supposed to sweep Bruce Wayne off her feet? And she was seriously outclassed. Everyone around was Oscar bait just waiting to happen (or it had happened already). And there she was, doing her Dawson’s Creek routine. She's cute, but that's it. Go back to being the other half of TomKat, sweetie. And stick to TV.
5 Comments:
- adrock2xander commented:
OMG DUDE...
you've got it all wrong! LMFAO...you obviously DID NOT watch Dawson's Creek...im a huge fan of the series...
Katie Holmes is NOT Pacey LOL...Pacey's character is played by Joshua Jackson...Katie's character is Josephine Potter...or Joey Potter for short...
Get it corrected before someone laughs to death :O- » June 21, 2005 2:21 PM
- Slinky commented:
Fuckin' hell. Joey Joey Joey. I had a mental stutter.
But it still doesn't change my opinion that Katie Holmes sucks ass. The fact that she's going along with that ridiculous paraody of a relationship doesn't help either.- » June 21, 2005 5:17 PM
- Anthony commented:
Incidentally, Christian Bale has a great geek appeal. He's done the absolutely nonsensical gun-fu flick "Equillibrium" - more than enough to make me a fan.
Guess guys heart some truly weird shit huh?- » June 22, 2005 8:32 AM
- Slinky commented:
Anthony - I actually watched Equilibirum, and laughed my head off. It was hilarious! I love it when Hollywood tries to do all this Eastern mystic shit. Wasn't aware this gave Bale geek idol status though. :)
Now, The Machinist, that's another story.- » June 22, 2005 9:39 AM
- Anthony commented:
Are you kidding? Equillibrium was a cult classic!!!
Of course I laughed my head off but hey, it was cool shit!- » June 22, 2005 10:41 AM
