Title, Sidebar and Description __________________________________
< Does Not Play Well With Others
Stalking and occasionally maiming life's sacred cows in the urban jungle

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Best Friends Are Highly Overrated

God it is so fuckin’ hard to work nowadays. Maybe it’s because the light at the end of the tunnel is finally visible, as The Boy theorizes. I just hope the light doesn’t turn out to be a train.

Need to work. Must… Earn… Money.

Some bloody monkey (known as the Former Best Friend) wrote a little rant in thoroughly ungrammatical English, very possibly a reaction to my final entry at my old blog. I couldn’t resist being a bitch and sending it up here. I’m supposed to be bigger than that, but, nah….

Here’s what he says.

“…anyone who blogs writes for an audience. There is alot I want to say about it, and I have written a chunk about it which I deleted right before putting this post up. I have decided it simply isn't worth stirring a hornet's nest over.”

What do you want, a pat on the back? You’re not guided by prudence in not stirring up trouble, you’re just afraid you’ll get your ass whipped and excommunicated by closest friends again - ooh, wait, I forgot, that can’t be right because your once-closest friends don’t talk to you any more. Silly me.

“As I move through the years, I've realised that I sometimes prefer people when I do not know them so well.”

That’s because you’re an anti-social freak. That and the fact that when you get to know them, you realize they don’t like you.

“Innately, many people are or can behave in selfish, conceited and downright repulsive ways when the walls of common courtesy are removed. People who behave in the above manner even when relations are distant are another level lower.”


You shouldn’t talk about your girlfriend like that.

“Sometimes I find that I too tend to think in this manner."

Gosh, really? No way. No, you're being too hard on yourself. Just because you acted like a complete unmitigated fuck doesn't mean that you think in that thoroughly reprehensible manner. Would I lie? (fuck yeah)

"I know it is wrong but no one can really be blamed for desiring to protect their self-interest over the interests of others. The question is when this is justifiable. and what do you do in response to this desire?”

Oooh, oooh, I know the answer to that one! The answer is, “it is justifiable when you are being offered booty, and you sell out your best friend for that desire”! So, do I win the trip to Mexico?

“I can only try my best to be as consistently good a person as I can be”

We can tell you’re trying because you didn’t sell me out immediately. You probably waited all of fifteen seconds before you did it. Bravo. You’re trying real hard.

[unflattering and highly defamatory picture to be put here once I get my fucking Adobe Photoshop exchanged and installed]

The Slinky Cat, 100% pure bitch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Back to Main Page

Email me if you really insist


The Best of Slinky

On who Slinky is
On death
On letting go
On the Maldives
On how to pack for the Maldives
On fishing
On knowledge
On being happy
On love
On pain
On alternate worlds
On power
On not being a sheep
On the military
On Slinky's Top 10
On Slinky's band
On the Slinky Quiz
On baking
On drinking with Slinky
On Russian dining
On birthday presents

Who Links Here




Disclaimer

Read before fucking around with me


Slinkyworthy

The Best Movie Review Site Ever
SheHulk
The Hot Librarian
The Lawyer Writer
Canadian Thoughts in Texas
The Anonymous Lawyer
A Need for the Truth
Popagandhi
MercerMachine
Outrageous.Beautiful.Misfit
JaG
The Smitten
Big Daddy Jones
Absolutely April
The Snakehead
Tossed My Salad
Cour Marly
PostSecret
I Don't Eat Kittens For Lunch
Pink Is The New Blog
Mr. Wang Says So
But Enough About You
Confetti in the Wind
The Bitter Stickgirl
Kingsley Rules
So Does Bear
And Herbie


Kitten Heels

Go Fug Yourself
The Bunny Shop
The Manolo
Give Me Spirit Fingers, Damn It!
Hot Bisexual Model
Guise
Asian Leprechauns
Catwalk Queen
She Finds


The Scratching Post

Tech for Girl Geeks
SuicideGirls
deviantART
Digital Blasphemy
Dogster
German Shepherd Dog Club Singapore
United Schutzhund Club of America
VetInfo
KingSnake


Dog Hash