Gethsemane
Something to remember.
My personal equivalent of the Twin Towers happened in the middle of September 2003, and not 11 September 2001. It was less devastating than the deaths that occurred in the middle of New York, but it was, at the risk of sounding callous, far more personal.
Someone held my hand to get me through, someone held me close and in gesture which reminded me of my father (even though my father's never done it),kissed the top of my head to wish me well before parting. Someone else sat me down and over the course of three very wretched hours where I dug in and kicked like a mule, torturously and painstakingly brought me out of a very dark place at much personal expense to themselves. Some others did all they could in ways which weren't even apparent to me until later, but which helped so much.
And I wrote, later, "I will get through this, I will survive; in the grand scheme of things it's really not that bad. It is like [the first someone] said, it's not one of the top rungs of the ladder. And I'm surrounded by guardian angels."
And that's good to remember.
3 Comments:
- The Snakehead commented:
You know how sometimes you read something that gives you goosebumps?
Yeah, this is one of those.- » September 15, 2005 9:52 AM
- EARTH2IAN commented:
i like your writing. lucid, stylized and peppered with wit. i'll be back often.
- » September 15, 2005 3:29 PM
- Slinky commented:
Thanks, Snakehead. (I think :)) And you too, Ian. You seem to be ratehr living up to your promise.
- » September 18, 2005 3:00 AM
