Title, Sidebar and Description __________________________________
< Does Not Play Well With Others
Stalking and occasionally maiming life's sacred cows in the urban jungle

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Movies, Meme and the Slinky Cat

I got tagged by April, and since I enjoy reading her blog so much, I had to do it.

Total number of films I own on DVD/ video
God, I dunno. About 70?

The last film I bought
It's too long ago, I can't remember. Although I suspect it was something to do with Bugs Bunny, for my Dad

Last film I watched
Most unfortunately, it was Stars Wars: Revenge of the Sith. Did anyone else besides me just want to SMACK Hayden Christiansen silly every time he appeared on screen? Because to me, he just looked like some sulky teenager who just got grounded instead of one of the most powerful Jedis who faces the hardest choices of his life. What the fuck was George Lucas thinking? The idiot only has one expression, namely, glaring at people from lowered brow to show that he was in love, ecstatic, conflicted, troubled, evil, loyal, worried. Please. You are not Jeremy Irons or Al Pacino, who, with a simple lift of an eyebrow can communicate volumes. You look like you go for facials, pansy-boy. So the tough guy act? Drop it. Thank god for the fight scenes..

Five films I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me

1. The Crow. Hands down one of Slinky's all-time favorite movies ev-AH. Dark, Gothic, deeply, wildly romantic, erotic, and that scene when he sets the petrol on fire and it burns, lighting up into the shape of a crow.... Sheer cinematographic genius.

2. Dirty Dancing. Because that opening scene of the movie when the credits roll and the dancers are dancing made me want to run off and become a dancer. And Patrick Swayze was hot then. "Nobody puts Baby in a corner." Yep, April's right, definitely THE feel-good movie.

3. Edward Scissorhands. Tim Burton at some of his best. Vicious small-town satire and simply gorgeous visuals. The candy-coloured houses and Avon ladies and the dark, dank castle? And Johnny Depp, who acted without ever saying a word. The snow scene always makes me sad.

4. Heathers (also known as Fatal Attraction). It was dark, ingenious, and the script was killer. Best of its genre, ever. I adored J.D. And that scene at the end, when Winona Ryder, bleeding, bruised and tousled, stands in the concourse in front of the school with a cigarette in her mouth, is brutal, sad, horrific and darkly comical all at the same time. "Well, fuck me gently with a chainsaw."

5. Jeux d'enfants, which I watched with Miss C. Beautiful, complicated, lovely in a way that only European cinema is. It gets you where you live.

Only five? There are so many. The Princess Bride (because it is a cult classic, and always makes me laugh. "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father: prepare to die. Now, offer me money."). And The Thomas Crown Affair, which I could watch again and again and again because the chemistry between Renee Russo and Pierce Brosnan is so fucking hot, as is the soundtrack. I've never seen more sizzling chemistry except in the old black-and-white movies. And Memento, because the ending left me gasping. And Closer, which made me stop, and think about love for a lot. (I'm still thinking.) And Before Sunrise, which I've never, ever seen, but someone who meant a lot to me told me once to watch it. I'm a little afraid of watching it in case I start thinking again.

Tag 5 people and have them put it on their blog

Miss C
Miss J
V.A.O.
Anthony
The Piggy Wiggy!

4 Comments:
Blogger April commented:

Omigawd! The Crow! I totally forgot about that show. I loved it... It's the ult! Brandon Lee's the ult! The plot's the ult! The costumes were the ult! The effects and stunts were the ult! Omigawd omigawd omigawd...

» June 06, 2005 11:59 AM 
Blogger Anthony commented:

Gawds you evil woman! Now I have to think about all those movies I've watched and -choose- one I like enought to put on my blog.

» June 07, 2005 12:36 AM 
Blogger Slinky commented:

April:
Brandon Leeeeeeeeee!!! So young, so hot! Leather pants! That Kiss makeup! And the way he says "Shelly!"

Anthony:
heh, you might have more important things to concentrate on right now rather than a movie meme.

» June 07, 2005 11:16 AM 
Blogger April commented:

The tortured look on his face... The way he played his electric guitar... The aaaangst man, the aaaaaaaaangst! Heh!

» June 07, 2005 12:26 PM 

Post a Comment

« Back to Main Page

Email me if you really insist


The Best of Slinky

On who Slinky is
On death
On letting go
On the Maldives
On how to pack for the Maldives
On fishing
On knowledge
On being happy
On love
On pain
On alternate worlds
On power
On not being a sheep
On the military
On Slinky's Top 10
On Slinky's band
On the Slinky Quiz
On baking
On drinking with Slinky
On Russian dining
On birthday presents

Who Links Here




Disclaimer

Read before fucking around with me


Slinkyworthy

The Best Movie Review Site Ever
SheHulk
The Hot Librarian
The Lawyer Writer
Canadian Thoughts in Texas
The Anonymous Lawyer
A Need for the Truth
Popagandhi
MercerMachine
Outrageous.Beautiful.Misfit
JaG
The Smitten
Big Daddy Jones
Absolutely April
The Snakehead
Tossed My Salad
Cour Marly
PostSecret
I Don't Eat Kittens For Lunch
Pink Is The New Blog
Mr. Wang Says So
But Enough About You
Confetti in the Wind
The Bitter Stickgirl
Kingsley Rules
So Does Bear
And Herbie


Kitten Heels

Go Fug Yourself
The Bunny Shop
The Manolo
Give Me Spirit Fingers, Damn It!
Hot Bisexual Model
Guise
Asian Leprechauns
Catwalk Queen
She Finds


The Scratching Post

Tech for Girl Geeks
SuicideGirls
deviantART
Digital Blasphemy
Dogster
German Shepherd Dog Club Singapore
United Schutzhund Club of America
VetInfo
KingSnake


Dog Hash