Fast and fuliouuuusssss!
So I only have myself to blame for reading through the classified while playing the Tokyo Drift theme song, or maybe I should blame Fly Boy for car-perving with me while I was in a slightly drunken state (which was abruptly about to get worse) because I'm extremely susceptible to suggestion when cerebellar function has been severely compromised by what is, for me, a massive intake of alcohol on an empty stomach, because my low-maintenance chick who was going to buy a small, practical fuel-economical Suzuki Swift or a Toyota Starlet has been beaten to death with PVC stacked-heeled boots by my hitherto inner race queen who now gyrates lasciviously around in my head in her shiny silver hotpants and too much makeup, wanting to make sweet, sweet love to nothing less than a car that's sex-on-wheels.
Swifts now meet with nothing less than disgusted flare of the nostrils, double-overheads cammed, 4 valved multi-point fuel injected Celicas make my heart do funny things in my chest, and I was slumped into a miserable little heap on the floor today when the car which was destined to be mine, a knicker-dropping 1996 coupe with a black custom paint job with glitter and sunroof was sold just 12 hours before I called.
Did I mention that I got my license?
7 Comments:
- commented:
No Starlets. No Swifts. And dear god, no cutesy little Beetles or Mini Coopers either. You want something that screams "get out of my way, plebs!!"
Did I mention that I took leave to go shopping for a new car tomorrow? ;)- » August 13, 2007 7:57 PM
- commented:
Here's to cars that are completely impractical and totally worth dying in! I've marked down our driving "date" for when I get back from melb.
Oh, yes - I've thought of a name for myself:
The Happily Chunky Hare (henceforth known as HaCHa).
Do you think I should buy a rabbit and name it Baileys? Or is that a bit much?- » August 14, 2007 12:07 AM
- Anthony commented:
Erhm....
Celica's aren't that great. Sure they -look- good, but they are behind just about every sports car in performance.
That's not to say they don't perform -well-. Just not -as- well as other cars supposedly in the same category.- » August 14, 2007 2:33 PM
- Slinky commented:
Ego: JEALOUSJEALOUSJEALOUSJEALOUS!
Gimme your Integra! They pay you too much.
And yes, boo to the plebs. I will run them down with wild abandon powered by my double overhead cams.
HaCha: Sounds like soemthing Jim Carey would have said in The Mask after pulling off a succesful dance move! And you are NOT chunky.As for the automobile tete-a-tete, I can't guarantee some pretty little number won't turn my had and compel me to part with my hardearned cash while you're off gllivanting In malbourne. But I'll still be your car bitch.
Anthony: Lalalalalalala not listening lalalalalala!
Seriously though, Celicas are behind sports cars because they're not sports cars. They're meant to be styled like a sports, but without the performance of soemthing like a track car. But you couldn't kill a Celica with an axe, the engine is practically bulletproof and it's not a 3-4L monster like a true sports car, and you can still run it 9L to 100km. Got practicality! Or that's how I justify it anyway.
And it practically has my name on it....- » August 14, 2007 2:54 PM
- Slinky commented:
God, my spelling was atrocious in that last comment. HaCha - Bailey sounds like an ingredient in a rabbit recipe, but I'm biased.
- » August 14, 2007 3:04 PM
- commented:
i love your blog, i hate your farmer, and i think you need to get yer own Deathproof vehicle to play bumper cars with mercedes madmen. or not. but congrats on the licence=) God bless and hope you are a happy girl.
- » August 16, 2007 7:53 PM
- Slinky commented:
I have mad love for the luminous writing of your most recent entry, and your '10 things' posts is always a hihlight of my blog reading. Mutual blog love, doll.
Deathproof! I love that show. Oooh, and I nearly spelled it wrongly, and it occured to me that the gay version of it would be called "Deathpoof". The car would be pink.- » August 16, 2007 9:09 PM

