The Christmas wishlist of non-attainability
Things I wanted for Christmas but so did not get:
1. A new bed. Despite a nocturnal repair job which required the extremely exciting sawing, hammering and nailing (the excitement was in no small part due to the risk of digital amputation and broken fingers, but also because my shriveled black Slinky heart beats for DIY), the bed base sags alarmingly when The Boy puts his immense weight on it. Having the tiny practical voice in the back of your head worry about your bed collapsing and becoming spitted on a stray broken board a la Cordelia in Buffy puts a bit of a damper on mindblowing nookie.
2. A new piercing/ tattoo. Want, want, want. But tattoos, like puppies, are for life, and I cannot decide. Gah.
3. A sewing machine. I made my sisters' Christmas presents this year (pictures to follow), and being up til 6 a.m. on Christmas morning frantically stitching felt, stuffing, fleece and velcro with aching fingers has convinced me more than ever that I want a sewing machine. It will be my precioouussssssssss.
4. A job, for god's sakes. I am tired of bumming. But I am chronically unemployable. Employers look at my CV and run away screaming and off the cliff, the lemmings. The world hates lawyers, even reformed ones.
5. Punky. I want my Punky! He is wuzzyful.
What I did get: two almost identical lace tops and an ice shot glass maker, because apparently, I am a skanky party animal.
What did you want for Christmas but not get?
2 Comments:
- Velle commented:
Didn't think about what I wanted but didn't get till... now. And then the dam breaks and all greed breaks loose.
1. An epilator. Actually, forget that. Just give be a new pair of legs with awesome, glowing skin. Can?
2. Completely new kitchenware. I walked into Target(!!!) the other day and fell in love with a whole set of crockery and cookware that suddenly seemed to scream, "This is it! This is you! This is your kitchen!" But alas, we just spent mulah on a new kick-ass anti-fingerprint dishwasher. Pffft.
3. More powerpoints in my kitchen. Because I'm sick of cramming an electric kettle, an electric grill, the blender and a rice cooker in the same squish corner. The kichen was obviously designed by a man who had take out everyday.
4. New dining set. Because I'd like more people to be able to sit in the dining area and not cause a domino effect around the table as soon as a left-hander raises his/her chopsticks.
5. 9-piece outdoor patio furniture for the same reason as above.
6. Ducted evaporative cooling so when Canberra summers really hit in full force, I can smugly sit and read and wear lovely cardigans.
7. New curtain rod because the current pulley's kinda stuck
8. A kitty cat. Preferably a Burmese that miraculously doesn't shed.
Um... I've noticed that as soon as you own a house, the wishlist gets ridiculously expensive. And aunty.
Thanks for letting me wish out loud anyway.- » January 09, 2007 3:00 PM
- Slinky commented:
Oooohhh, I second 1 and 3! I'd just modify one to remove all sandfly scarification. We've got a toaster, blender, electric kettle, rice cooker, jaffle maker and juicer all jockeying for position around two measly power points. One day I'm going to plug in the kettle and the house is going to explode.
- » January 16, 2007 10:59 PM
