Trial fever makes me want to cut off heads
I've survived yet another encounter with my hairdresser, escaping with only 1/3 of the hair I formerly had. I feel like a shorn sheep.
__________________________________________________
Another bad dream which left me shaking. Someone masquerading as someone else, pulling off a wig and changing her posture so she became a stranger. I remember being flung repeatedly up to a ceiling full of hooks, to hang by my skin for a second before the weight of my own body pulled me crashing down to earth again. And that was only the beginning. I remember trying to scream for help but being unable to. Not worth a night light, this dream, but close. Thank God I could only sleep for two hours before the alarm went off at 5 a.m.
Last night I slept safe in The Boy's arms. No bad dreams for the Slinky.
____________________________________________________
Smokey and I are about ready to kill the butterscotch-thieving client. I mean, really, how stupid can you get?
The Butterscotch Thief called me last night to try and elicit information which would have been in contravention of my duty to disclose. This despite the fact that we've told him a dozen times he cannot do so. This is despite the fact that he nevertheless tried with Smokey. I told him to fuck off (I paraphrase). And then I find out today that while attempting to contravene certain cannot-dos, he informed someone that I had actually disclosed the said information, and made up what I had allegedly told him.
This is serious, although to soemone not in the profession, I would be hard-pressed to explain why.
I hope they get you good, motherfucker.
__________________________________________________________
Got tagged by Anthony some time back. I'll oblige, but only this time.
20 Random Facts About Yourself:
1. Leisure Suit Larry was my first computer game, if you're not counting the DOS-based games.
2. I am an unrepentant guitarist groupie.
3. I crave for salty more than sweet. Pizza is good.
4. I've always thought I would die young. I guess I was wrong.
5. I need to read every single day and feel like I've lost a limb if I don't have a book with me
6. Cherry Garcia and Chocolate Fudge Brownie are my favorite Ben & Jerry flavors
7. I never forgave Louisa May Alcott for letting Laurie end up with Amy, and I never will
8. I occasionally get struck by song addictions and the same damn song plays on repeat the whole day.
9. I hate crowds
10. I am resisting the WoW temptation because I know I will be lost forever if I succumb
11. I don't have a misspent youth, and regret it deeply.
12. I am still conflicted
13. I still miss Zeph
14. I freaking love supermarkets
15. I can sing almost any 80's rock ballad you can name
16. I have writer's block
17. I used to go out with a flautist. They're overrated.
18. Buffy doesn't remember about being with Angel after he turns back time and it still bums me out.
19. I must travel. Soon.
20. I like Scrabble.
Peh. I tag Snakehead and April.
6 Comments:
- commented:
You wake up for work at 5 a.m.?? Good grief.
- » October 17, 2005 1:45 AM
- commented:
SCRABBLE?!! *Booo Hissss*
- » October 17, 2005 4:10 PM
- April commented:
Omigawd omigawd omigawd... I'm still waiting for the day my mum finally confesses that I actually have a twin. :P
Check this out.
1. The 1st PC game I ever played (Lemmings doesn't count, cos it's DOS based... Haha!) was Larry too! Think it was #7, the 1 where he's on this stupid cruise ship. And his ultimate goal is to shag the hot, booby captain.
3. I love salty food much more than sweets too! I can scoff down a jumbo bag of Fritos, but there's no way in hell I can do the same to a family bar of chocolate.
5. I have an average of 5 or 6 books stacked on my nightstand at any 1 time. Don't think we share the same taste in lierature since I read trashy fiction mostly, but there's little more I enjoy than curling up in bed with a good book.
8. When I was in secondary school I played track #11 on Bon Jovi's "Crossroads" CD - "Bad Medicine" - for 48 hours straight. I would have continued by my CDplayer went kaput. :|
10. Omg! From 1 Starcraft/The Sims / Dungeon Keeper addict to another, I know exactly what you mean. I've had to resist every instinct within to get WoW-ed. Heard this Korean dude keeled over and died cos he WoW-ed for 24 hours straight. That'll probably be me too if I ever got started. Haha!
14. My record in Coles (or it might have been SAFEWay) in Melbourne was 2.5 hours. I walked out with almost $300 worth of groceries and absolutely no idea how to carry them home. :?
15. Me too me too me too! I constantly irk the people around me with my ability to regurgitate lyrics at whim.
18. "I Will Remember You". Fuck. I cry buckets every bloody time I watch the show and get all torn up at the end on the "what ifs" too. "What if she did remember?"... "What if Buffy and Angel got to be together?" Arrrgh!
19. Ditto. Hong Kong seems a long time ago and I'm in a desperate need for a pick-me-up getaway.- » October 17, 2005 4:14 PM
- Slinky commented:
Jiang Wei - I don't usually but that day was SPECIAL. (*mutters* bloody trial)
Miss C - hey! Don't diss the Scrabble! It's fun! (but terribly, terribly geeky, yes)
April - Ahah! I played the cruise ship Larry too! I actually started with an even earlier version of Larry. I can't remember much of it, save that there was this woman crawling around on all fours in a skimpy dress through a maze. I think she fell off the edge of a cliff a couple of times. (oops)
I looooved Bon Jovi's 'Crossroads' too! Do you get laughed at as well when you say that? Because damn it, I do...
I totally get the Korean dude. When I discovered this free MMORPG called Mu, I was playing all night long just trying to level up and trick out my elf. It was insane. I must not get sucked up in the WoW phenomenon. *chants* online games are bad online games are bad online games are bad.
The problem I have with supermarketing is that I get attracted to stuff I really don't need but which sounds interesting then I end up with lots of rubbish I may or may not eat. One trip ended up with foie gras, instant squid ink paella and four packages of caramel custard.
WHY did Buffy have to forget? Why why why? My sister and I just sat in front of the T.V yelling "noooooo!" and feeling so CHEATED.
And yes, a holiday is a must. Or I will lose my mind.- » October 17, 2005 8:40 PM
- Anthony commented:
I started with Larry 1. It wasn't my first game - that was a Commodore C64 game called Falcon. Great fun that game.
Well, WoW (and other attendant MMORPG's) ain't bad. After a while, you'll crave true interactivity and there isn't a game in the market that has reached that level quite yet.
And besides, I know plenty of people that have WoWed for 24 hours and are still living. Much to my regret.
ROSE Online is free, Anarchy Online is free, MU is -still- free, and DDO is accepting applicants for beta, if you're worried about cost.
-faraway voice- Join ussss...you know you want toooo....- » October 21, 2005 4:36 AM
- Slinky commented:
Anthony: what the heck is ROSE online and Anarchy Online? Are they shooters/ I don't like shooters. Or sci-fi based games. Humans in space are boring.
I don't doubt 24 hours at Wow won't kill you. I've been at work 48 hours straight and it was far less pleasurable, and I didn't die, no matter how much I wanted to.
But I have discovered, to my great glee, that the new MU server is up and running again. Within the space of 2 days, I have a level 61 elf, all tricked out in +10 wind armour + option + luck, and funky helms, bows, arrows, and gloves. Now if only she could RUN, damnit....- » October 24, 2005 10:52 AM

