The Sex was so good it made me cry
WARNING: SATC SPOILERS AHEAD FOR SEASON SIX
Outfit of the day: sackcloth and ashes.
Yes, it gets me stares from my fellow colleagues and people don’t want to sit next to me on the bus. But what else do I do when I’ve watched the last episode of the last season of Sex and The City, and I know there will be no more? No more SATC! No fabulous outfits, no Manolo perving, no more Carrie, no more Mr. Big, how will I survive? There is a hole in my heart which cannot be filled! I live Sex and The City!
After months of anticipation set off by unbelievably frustrating spoilers from the stupid half-arsed Straits Times and the fucking electronic billboard set up on top of Orchard Emerald (which literally sent me into a screaming fit), I finally get my SATC fix.
I watched, wide-eyed and practically quivering with emotion when Carrie screams at Big when he comes down to New York to talk to her the night she is due to fly off to Paris with Petrovsky, and tells him that they were nothing, and that after six years, he was not fucking up her life. (oh, the humanity!)
I watched as Carrie canoodled with Petrovksy, horrified that she was so happy with the short, humorless Russian man who kept bloody telling her about his damn friend Sophie who died of breast cancer and was horrifically rude to her friends and always put her in second place because work was always more important than her. And when he said the whole "I can't deal with this right now, I'm too stressed", I swear, I suffered, vivid, violent flashbacks and had the suden urge to strangle Petrovsky with his ballet tights. (I don’t care if the man can still split-jump over road stiles to retrieve her purse, he’s a dried up prune who treats her badly and thinks that presents make up for lack of presence, and probably belongs in a Retirement Home For Old Insensitive Russians, and I SO don't want to see his naked tushie. Big, on the other hand) .
I howled in frustration as Big sped past her, unseeing, in his limo in Paris, so close yet so far away.
And at the end, when Mr. Big finds her, and he smiles that smile, they’re in New York, and she says, "Do you want to come up?" and he says that totally, utterly, killer phrase, "Abso-fuckin’-lutely", I am flat on the floor and wailing.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
As Carrie says, "It’s the end of an era".
I am inconsolable.
The Slinky Cat dreams of Bigness
1 Comments:
- bean commented:
hello! your blog posts are interesting to read. :D
- » September 14, 2008 1:56 PM
